REGULAR MEETING of the Town Council of the Town of Pomfret held May 9, 2012, at 6:30 P.M. at the Town Building, 9 Day Street, Fredonia, New York.
PRESENT: Supervisor Donald Steger
Town Clerk Roberta Valentine
Town Counsel Jeffrey Passafaro
Highway Superintendent Daniel Bigelow
Supervisor Steger opened the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag.
DULY MOVED by Supervisor Steger and seconded by Councilwoman Eckman to approve the minutes of the April 11, 2012 regular meeting. The motion was carried.
Supervisor Steger made the motion to approve the following budget transfers. The motion was seconded by Councilwoman Christina and carried unanimously by a roll call vote.
GENERAL FUND TOWNWIDE
$4,050 FROM A7620.4 Adult Recreation Contractual TO A7620.3 Adult Recreation Rent
$3,600 FROM A7620.4 Adult Recreation Contractual
TO A7620.41 Adult Recreation Contractual - Exercise
$1,000 FROM A1990.4 Contingent Account
TO A9050.8 Employee Benefits Unemployment
Supervisor Steger made the motion to modify 2012 adopted budget by Increasing Revenue Account A3088 - State Aid JCAP Grant by $5,215 and Increasing Expenditure Account A1110.2 Justice Court Equipment by $5,215. The motion was seconded by Councilwoman Eckman and carried by a roll call vote.
APPROVAL OF THE PAYMENT OF BILLS
DULY MOVED by Supervisor Steger and seconded by Councilman Johnston to approve the payment of bills on abstract # 5 as presented by the Town Clerk. The motion was carried by a roll vote.
General Fund Town Wide $ 10,984.87
General Fund Part Town $ 5,385.83
Highway Fund Town Wide $ 76.32
Highway Fund Part Town $ 15,127.83
Lily Dale Sewer District $ 941.88
Route 60 Sewer District $ 40.04
Route 20 Sewer District $ 151.20
Berry Road Water District $ 202.44
Route 60 Water District $ 406.68
Route 20 Water District $ 130.56
Van Buren Water District $ 25,053.50
TOWN CLERK REPORTS
- Town Clerk Valentine gave a detailed report on her recent Conference and school she attended. She thanked the Council for enabling her to attend.
- Fredonia Fire Department reporting 137 incidents for April 2012 and 147 incidents for the month of March.
- Pomfret Town Historian report for April 2012
- Pomfret Town Justices reports for April 2012
Justice Pulci Total Cases: 151
Total Fines & Surcharges $14,042.46
Justice Prince Total Cases: 248
Total Fine & Surcharges $23,326.00
- Forrest Jensen of Fredonia addressed the Council. He inquired of the status of the new Senior Citizen site. Supervisor Steger stated a contract has been signed between the Forest Lodge on E. Main Street and the Town commencing April 1, 2012 thru December 31, 2012. Mr. Jensen expressed his displeasure at the hours of operation. Mrs. Christina directed Mr. Jenson to contact Richard Ryan and Richard Newton. Mr. Steger stated the hours selected were not going to make everyone happy but the Town tried to set hours that may be convenient to most.
- Rodney Pennica, Village resident, asked what the status of the water contract with the Village for water for the North End Water District. Mr. Steger stated the Village of Fredonia will hold a meeting May 14, 2012. He is hopeful the contract will be finalized.
- James Oakes, Town of Pomfret resident, asked if the Council has finalized the rental policy for the Forest Hill Chapel. Mr. Passafaro advised the Council to read and review the draft policy for future discussion.
- Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 5:00 P.M. has been set for a workshop meeting on the Chapel, Social Services burials and Zoning. There will be no business action taken.
- Supervisor Steger made the motion to enact Local Law No.1 of 2012 establishing the enforcement of the New York Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code. The motion was seconded by Councilman Johnston and carried by a roll call vote.
- By a motion from Supervisor Steger, a Public Hearing will be held June 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM at Town Hall. The Local Law is for the purpose of amending the number of the members of the Town's Zoning Board of Appeals from seven members to five members and a Local Law for the purpose of appointing two alternates. The motion was seconded by Councilman Penharlow and carried.
- Councilwoman Christina sponsored a motion authorizing the Town Supervisor to negotiate and enter into a contract with Duke's Root Control at a fee not to exceed $7,500.00 at the Lily Dale Sewer District's expense. The motion was seconded by Councilwoman Eckman and carried.
- Supervisor Steger made the motion to approve four residential water tap-in requests for the Meister Minor Subdivision on West Lake Road in the Town. The motion was seconded by Councilman Penharlow and carried.
- Supervisor Steger sponsored the motion to appoint Michael Vinciguerra of 509 West Main St., Fredonia, NY as the enumerator for the dog census that will commence in the Town of Pomfret on June 1, 2012, at a rate of pay allowed in the 2012 budget. The motion was seconded by Councilwoman Christina and carried.
- The topic of Social Services' burials was discussed. Councilwoman Christina will contact surrounding cemeteries and report back to the Council.
- Mrs. Christina reminded those present of the Rabies Clinic that will be held on May 12, 2012 at the Town Highway barns form 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
- Mr. Penharlow reported he has met with National Fuel Resources which is a sister company of National Fuel Gas. The company is compiling an analysis on savings the Town may benefit by changing the Natural Gas supplier to the sister company. Councilman Penharlow stated he will ask for quotes and a sample agreement to bring back to the Council.
- Councilwoman Eckman reported the Chamber of Commerce is exploring new ideas such as Historic Walks in the Village of Fredonia. The Chamber Mixer will be held on May 17, 2012 at the 21 Brix Winery located in the Town of Portland.
HIGHWAY SUPERINTENDENT BIGELOW
- Mr. Bigelow announced the following bid awards:
Price per gallon
Unleaded gasoline $3.3876
Price per gallon
Diesel fuel $3.3782
Suit Kote Corp. -Bid accepted for Liquid Bituminous from Suite Kote-only bidder
Hanson Aggregates #1 Dense Binder $58.00
#2 Base 1A $53.00
#3 Binder 2A $60.00
#4 Binder 1A $60.00
#6 Top 1A $64.75
#6F Top $64.75
#7 Top 1AC $68.50
#7F Top $68.50
P401 Airport Top $64.00
#5 Shim $74.00
Fine Winter Mix $115.00
#1 Base Coarse $59.20
#2 Base Coarse $53.85
#3 Binder $61.05
#5 Shim Coarse $74.15
#6 Top $65.85
#6F Top Coarse LMST $71.10
#7F Top Polymer AC $73.15
#7 Top Coarse $68.90
#7F Top Coarse LMST $73.95
#8F Top $74.30
Airport Top $65.10
Airport Top LMST $70.40
Top Coarse Limestone 1A Gr. Stone $75.15
Top CoarseW/All Lmst.& Latex $77.50
6.3MM Top/Polimer AC $73.15
Ultra Mat $85.30
Gernatt- Country Side
Crushed #1 ST Gravel $11.90 per ton
Buffalo Crushed Stone #1 LIMESTONE $14.10 net per ton
#2 Limestone $12.80 net per ton
#1A Limestone $16.90 net per ton
1ST Limestone $14.75 net per ton
TRI-JAMES I/C Sand $5.10 Ton
Crushed Stone $10.90 Ton
Screened Bank Run Gravel 2" $4.25 Ton
Supervisor Steger made the motion to accept the bids recommended by the Highway Superintendent. The motion was seconded by Councilwoman Christina and carried.
- Supervisor Steger made the motion to approve the Highway Superintendent to attend NYS Highway School in Ithaca June 11-13, 2012. The motion was seconded by Councilman Penharlow and carried.
DULY MOVED by Councilwoman Eckman, seconded by Councilman Johnston and carried, to adjourn the meeting at 7:56 P.M.