April 12, 2017 Regular Town Board Meeting Minutes
REGULAR MEETING of the Town Board of the Town of Pomfret held at 6:30 P.M. April 12, 2017 at the Pomfret Town Hall, 9 Day Street, Fredonia, N.Y.
Supervisor Donald Steger
PRESENT: Town Clerk Allison Dispense
Highway Superintendent Daniel Bigelow
Town Counsel Jeffrey Passafaro
COUNCILPERSONS: Christopher Schaeffer
ABSENT: Brett Christy
Supervisor Steger led the Pledge of Allegiance of the Flag.
DULY MOVED by Supervisor Steger to accept the minutes of the March 8, 2017 Town Board Meeting. The motion was seconded by Councilman Schaeffer and the motion carried.
DULY MOVED by Supervisor Steger and seconded by Councilman Sedota to approve the payment of bills as presented by the Town Clerk on Abstract # 4 of 2017. The motion was carried unanimously by a roll call vote.
General Fund Town Wide $28,491.96
General Fund Part Town $17,149.36
Highway Fund Town Wide $1,854.03
Highway Fund Part Town $38,811.36
Berry Road Water District $7,799.39
Chestnut Road Water District $1,926.19
North End Water District $36,902.89
Van Buren Water District $11,543.27
Rt.20 Water District $92.89
Rt.20 Sewer District $156.16
Rt.60 Water District $6,830.96
Rt.60 Sewer District $9,685.75
Lakeview Sewer District $144.23
Lily Dale Sewer District $5,794.26
Sewer District 1 $2,796.24
Sewer District 2 $1,461.03
DULY MOVED BY Supervisor Steger to approve the following budget transfers. The motion was seconded by Councilwoman Eckman and carried.
GENERAL FUND TOWNWIDE
$544.00 FROM A1990.4 Contingent Account
TO A1220.2 Supervisor Equipment
$127.00 FROM A8810.4 Cemetery Contractual
TO A8810.2 Cemetery Equipment
HIGHWAY FUND OUTSIDE VILLAGE
Modify 2017 adopted budget by increasing Revenue Account DB1789 Other Transportation Income by $45,000 and by Increasing Expenditure Account DB5110.45 General Repairs-Road Use Contractual by $45,000.
To modify adopted budget for receipt of funds from road use agreement with Arkwright Summit Wind Farm.
TOWN CLERK REPORTS
- Pomfret Town Justices reports for March 2017 are as follows:
Total Fines & Surcharges: $21,267.00
Justice Dietzen Total Cases: 147
Total Fine & Surcharges: $13,692.00
- The Historian report for April 2017 is on file with the Clerk’s office and has been distributed to the Town Board.
- The Fredonia Fire Department submitted the February 2017 report. There were a total of 138 calls with 28 being within the town.
- The Fredonia Fire Department submitted the March 2017 report. There were a total of 155 calls with 37 being within the town.
- The Supervisor has provided the 2016 Annual Report to the Town Clerk and it is on file for inspection during regular business hours.
- Eric Johnson, Pomfret resident, spoke to the board about the status of the vacant property located at 4627 West Main Road. Mr. Johnson is the neighbor to the property. This property has been vacant and not in compliance with the Town of Pomfret Codes. Mr. Steger stated there had been an inspection of the property done today, April 11, 2017. The board will wait to hear the results of the inspection and move forward accordingly. Mr. Johnson also provided a group of photographs to the board depicting the status of the property.
- The Town of Pomfret has been given notice of the Tentative Special Franchise, Tentative Railroad Ceiling, and Tentative Telecommunications ceiling. They are on file in the Clerk’s office for review.
- A motion made by Supervisor Steger to declare the weeks of May 26, 2017 and June 10, 2017 as “Annual Firemen’s Fund Drive Weeks’. This motion was seconded by Councilman Sedota and carried.
- Supervisor Steger made a motion to authorize the Highway Superintendent to enter into a road use agreement with CP Ward, for Chautauqua Road and Webster Road. The motion was seconded by Councilman Schaeffer and carried.
HIGHWAY SUPERINTENDENT BIGELOW
- Supervisor Steger made a motion to authorize the Highway Superintendent to attend Highway School June 11-14, 2017 in Ithaca, New York at a reasonable cost to the Town. The motion was seconded by Councilwoman Eckman and carried.
- Councilwoman Eckman made a motion to authorize the Highway Superintendent to request fuel bids to be returned to the Town of Pomfret Clerk’s Office by 4:00P.M. May 10, 2017. The motion was seconded by Councilman Sedota and carried
- Councilwoman Eckman made a motion to authorize Supervisor Steger to pursue the grant application through USDA-Rural Development and bond financing for the purchasing of the 2018 plow truck and authorizing Supervisor Steger to execute all grant applications as required. The motion was seconded by Councilman Schaeffer and carried.
DULY MOVED by Councilwoman Eckman, seconded by Councilman Schaeffer to adjourn the Regular Town Board meeting at 7:14 P.M and enter into executive session at 7:20P.M. for the purpose of town litigation matters, with no action to be taken. The motion carried.
DULY MOVED by Councilman Schaeffer to adjourn the executive session, seconded by Councilwoman Eckman. The motion carried. TIME: 7:32P.M.
DULY MOVED by Councilman Schaeffer to enter back into the regular Town Board Meeting, seconded by Councilwoman Eckman and carried. TIME: 7:33P.M.
DULY MOVED by Councilwoman Eckman, seconded by Councilman Schaeffer to adjourn the regular Town Board Meeting. TIME: 7:36P.M.